Patients who focus on consistent periodontal maintenance in Las Vegas find that they gain many advantages. For instance, those who engage in regular periodontal cleanings:
- Tend to have fewer recurrences of active periodontal disease
- Lessen the likelihood of tooth or further bone loss
- Lessen the chance of progressing gum recession
- Reduce the chances of systemic health conditions related to gum disease
- Feel and look better
Once you have been treated for periodontal disease, it is essential that you continue periodontal maintenance in Las Vegas with Dr. David J. Trylovich, Dr. Ryan S. Gifford, Dr. Brian P. Mantor, and Dr. Gary D. Goaslind. If you are overdue for an appointment with a periodontist, we suggest that you contact our office to schedule a visit.
Common Periodontal Maintenance Practices
Some of the ways that you can maintain your periodontal health include:
- Keeping all of your appointments for periodontal cleanings
- These are typically recommended every three to four months and involve cleaning below the gum line on a consistent basis to manage bacteria and maintain oral health. Our hygienists will also monitor your periodontal pockets by measuring during each visit.
- Taking care of your teeth and gums as suggested
- This may even involve using special hygiene practices at home.
Without following a smart regimen, you may find that bacteria have the opportunity to cause further damage in your mouth. The toxins produced by bacteria can destroy supporting bone tissue, leading to tooth loss if left uncontrolled.
Never gamble with your health and wellbeing. Let Dr. Trylovich, Dr. Gifford, Dr. Mantor, and Dr. Goaslind help you achieve and maintain optimal periodontal health in Las Vegas.