Patients often come to Dr. David J. Trylovich, Dr. Ryan S. Gifford, Dr. Brian P. Mantor, and Dr. Gary D. Goaslind in Las Vegas, NV to discuss their desire for crown lengthening treatment in order to improve their appearance. What they often do not realize is that crown lengthening offers much more than merely cosmetic gum contouring.
Crown lengthening provides a functional way to take care of your oral health by removing gum tissue and bone that may be preventing further treatment. We can help you fix problems such as the following through crown lengthening procedures:
- Having a decayed or broken tooth
- Before you get your dental crown placed on the tooth, a crown lengthening surgery can be a terrific way to prep the area, especially if there is a lack of exposed tooth structure or deep decay.
- Advanced periodontal disease
- Sometimes, gum tissues have become very infected to the point that they are best removed or reshaped under the careful skill of a trained periodontist. Gum contouring can help reduce the risk of progressive periodontal disease by making sure the site is healthy.
- Difficulty taking care of your teeth
- Are your gums getting in the way of brushing and flossing? Crown lengthening can make it easier to take care of your oral needs. Flossing and brushing will be simpler after excess gum tissue has been moved out of the way.
Of course, undergoing crown lengthening in Las Vegas will still afford you the chance to look and feel your best, despite the functional purpose behind the procedure.
To learn more about crown lengthening and gum contouring, please call Dr. Trylovich, Dr. Gifford, Dr. Mantor, and Dr. Goaslind. We will be happy to walk you through our recommendations to deal with any dental concerns you have, as well as give you a thorough overview of treatment possibilities.